Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sweet Little Valentine Wall Hanging


Here is a sweet little Valentine wall hanging I made. I used a wooden heart that was already painted red that I had bought a couple of years ago at one of the craft stores. It is actually one heart off of a wall hanging that had about 8 wooden hearts in different sizes that are various shades of red and pink.

I cut a piece of tea stained cheesecloth to fit on the heart and glued it down with gel medium. Then I cut a piece of vintage music sheet a tad smaller then the cheesecloth so the edges of cheesecloth could peek out. Before gluing the music sheet down I distressed the edges of the heart with distress ink.


The little girl image is Paper Imagery Designs sheet Mary Beth 232.

I embossed the wings on the paper heart using black embossing powder and glued Mary Beth down over them. I stamped out the words BE MINE on one of those tape label makers and clipped them apart and stuck them down above  the image of Mary Beth.

 I used a couple of plastic gems to embellish the heart and tied a bow on the hanger.

 Thanks for looking!
Arlene

Pin It

3 friends said:

jenny said...

Oh Arlene, this is GORGEOUS... love the cheesecloth/vintage music paper background and that little girl image is so sweet...

Hugs
Jenny x

Kathy Eddy said...

This is fabulous!

Altered By Me said...

Thank you both!