Saturday, January 8, 2011

Valentines Valentines and more Valentines !!!

Saint Valentine's Day (commonly shortened to Valentine's Day) is an annual commemoration held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). Modern Valentine's Day symbols include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, handwritten valentines have largely given way to mass-produced greeting cards. Hence my love of making Handmade Valentines!!

I have been working on my Valentines!! I love Valentine’s ART! It all fits together so perfectly. I made ATCs, Inchies and some Bottlecap Pins/Magnets!
Check out my Valentines Day ATCs they were so much fun to make.
the love
The Love ATC uses images from Lovely Ladies, Valentine Inchies 833, Word sheet, Word Squares, Valentine Cards and some Red Trim. I also used some flourish stamps white pen, and of course my favorite product German glass glitter in PINK!
For the inchie glued onto the front of the ATC are my chipboard chunks, and Valentine Inchies 833. I stamped more flourishes on the cut out inchie and stamped BE MINE on the front along with more glitter !!
 love me
Love Me ATC uses images from Lovely Ladies, and Valentine Inchies 833, also some Pink German trim. I stamped a few flourishes on the edges of the ATC in black. I know I used a lot of flourishes but there's just something about Valentines and Flourishes that I like! For the inchie glued on again I used chipboard chunks and a Valentine Inchie along with more flourish and glitter in PINK!!

DSC_0158 [] DSC_0156 []
Valentine Inchies !!! I love inchies just as much as the next but Valentine Inchies are by far my favorite!!! They are so versatile and easy and fun to make. Most of my inchies are just bits of images from my collage sheets. Add to them some glitter, trim or a gold foil pen border and instant magic!!

DSC_0160 [] DSC_0159 []
Bottlecap Valentine ART what a fun way to make some one happy! Most of my bottlecap ART is sent to my youngest kids classes for teachers gifts! They love these little pins or magnets that I turn them into, lately I have been turning them into push pins for bulletin boards – those are a HIT!

DSC_0162 [] DSC_0161 []
Valentine Magnets these I made for fun! I had these little houses left and decided to paint using my Claudine Hellmuth paints and add some glitter and stamps a little bottlecap and your done!
Made any Valentine ART yet? Lets see it post it to our facebook fan page!


Check us out featured on Meyer Imports Blog!!!

Pin It

0 friends said: