Monday, June 7, 2010

Decorated Matchbox by Eileen Bellomo

 

Decorated Matchbox

by Eileen Bellomo

I happen to have a die to cut the matchbox, but before I did, I made them from a template.  Not at all difficult to do, and they make perfect gift boxes for a small trinket or a pair of earrings.  You can even make a lot of them and stack them to form a curio cabinet. PID has a SCAL file of a regular matchbox and an envelope matchbox.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I cut the matchbox from a sturdy textured cardstock.  The belly band is from PID sheet #732 ("Eileen's Backs" --  yes, that's me!).  I used one of the beautiful and colorful Marie Antoinette images on PID sheet #734, then just added a little tag with a stamped sentiment and some paper flowers.

A Tim Holtz hitch fastener opens the box.  Here's a view of that:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And I lined the inside with another pattern from sheet #732. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Inside the box, a little charm.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I attached another Marie image, this one from a sheet of charm sized pictures (PID sheet #731), to a Charm blank,  added some Stickles and Glossy Accents, a length of Ribbon, and voila!  Instant jewelry.

Pin It

3 friends said:

Laura said...

A little vintage beauty!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

FABULOUS Eileen...great little box and charm!!

Ann said...

Eileen..so pretty!