Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Spin on the Tuesday Technique....

I played with the FABULOUS Technique that Eileen shared this morning.

Seemed the magazine I picked up didn't have many full pages with text on them but lots of pretty pages...so decided to try the technique on colored/patterned pages.
I used an ink blending tool instead of a brayer. Worked great on my page of text....not so good on the other two. So then I tried sponging on a metallic paint and when it was almost dry I buffed it off the embossed image with a damp paper towel. Here are the three backgrounds I came up with. Then the cards I made with the backgrounds.

THANKS for the INSPIRATION, Eileen!!


Pin It

4 friends said:

peggy gatto said...

Great idea!!!

2amscrapper said...

I like your take on the technique.

paperqueen said...

I have always admired the way you take something, run with it, and make it totally your own! I think all of your backgrounds turned out great....and now I'M going to try it with a glossy picture from a magazine
Eileen
PS Get a brayer! The coverage you get with it is wonderful and takes a fraction of the time a cosmetic sponge takes!

Mel♥ said...

Wonderful Angie