Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Lottery - Cages

At PID, we have a monthly lottery.  Members create pieces in the given theme, using a PID image, and at the end of the month, one entry is chosen randomly to receive all of the lottery entries.  This month, the theme is  "cages," a very hot image in art right now.

I created this whimsical little wall hanging using supplies I found in the PID shop.  The background paper (glued to a piece of cardboard) is from one of Tim Holtz's new paper stacks, Shabby Chic (fabulous paper, by the way!).
The Manne-Cage is also from the shop.  There are some other wonderful cage die cuts available, among the nicest and most intricate I've seen!
I attached the cage to a scrap from one of my backgrounds.  But first....I inserted the Purdy Birdy.  When I saw the grunged up Alice sheet, I knew I'd use one of her heads.  You can even get the mini glass vial at the shop.  I wrapped the neck with some linen cord and attached a mini tag to it.
Head on over to the yahoo group and upload YOUR cage piece to the April Lottery album!
Eileen
Paper Imagery Designs
Design Team

Pin It

3 friends said:

Angie Hall Haviland said...

FABULOUSLY ADORABLE piece, Eileen!! Love it...too much FUN!

Susie said...

Eileen that is so pretty. I love it.

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Oh WOW Eileen...What a GORGEOUS piece of ART!!!!