Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Technique Tuesday - Stamping without Stamps, Part 2

Welcome to Technique Tuesday!  Last time, we stamped with bubble wrap.....today, stamping with another office product, the humble rubberband!   Here is all you need:

  • light colored cardstock (or scrapbook paper with a very light pattern, as I used here)
  • a brayer with a removable cylinder
  • rubberbands
  • ink pads
Remove the brayer from the handle and wrap one or two rubber bands around it in a random pattern.
Reattach the brayer.
Roll the brayer over one of the ink pads and make sure the rubberbands are well inked.
Roll the brayer over the paper.  This is what it might look like with one color, stamping in one direction.

My finished background.  I added a second color, and stamped in all directions.  I wanted something very bold and colorful for my "Circus Circus" ATC.
This is a technique that will yield different results depending on so many things:  the size of the rubberbands and the way you wrap them around the brayer, the number of inks you use, the way you choose to stamp, the number of times you stamp.....in other words, a great technique for experimentation.  Also a good way to completely alter any "dull" patterned paper you have.   
PID has some GREAT circus sheets available, and I used several images for my ATC:


And you'll notice yet another way to change up this technique.  I decided to tone it down just a bit, so I swiped some of the yellow ink, directly from the pad over the top.  This pretty much left only the red stamping, as the yellow stripes blended into the new yellow background.

Eileen
Paper Imagery Designs
Design Team

Pin It

3 friends said:

2amscrapper said...

What a great idea! And I love the circus ATC!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

FUN, Eileen!!! Thanks so sharing!

Debby said...

How fun! Thanks for this fabulous reminder!