Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Technique Tuesday -- Sparkly Dryer Sheet Background

Welcome to Technique Tuesday.  Last year I showed you how to turn used dryer sheets into glittery backgrounds.  Today we're going to use the sheets again for another, even easier, sparkly project,  This is all you need:


  • craft sheet or other protection for your work surface
  • used dryer sheets
  • shimmery mists (either commercial, like Glimmer Mist, or homemade)
Nothing could be easier.  Just put your used dryer sheet on the craft sheet and spray!  I used several colors on each sheet.  Let dry (you can speed the drying along with a heat tool, but do so carefully.....these sheets can melt), and use as a background.  I adhered the sheets to white cardstock and cut to ATC size.  Here are some samples:

 
 
 
And here is the ATC I made for this week's "Artist's Choice" challenge at the PID yahoo group:



I used a lovely Marie Antoinette image (and added some bling to it), and some vintage dictionary paper on the side.
Variation:  try stamping right over the sprayed sheet (after it dries) for an additional layer of design.

Try it!  I can't think of an easier or faster way to add some color, sparkle, and texture to your art.

Eileen Bellomo
Paper Imagery Designs
Design Team


Pin It

3 friends said:

Angie Hall Haviland said...

FUN, PRETTY and EASY!! Thanks Eileen!!

Tamara Putvin said...

Love Love Love the glitter, this is the second one to give a try! Thank you so much for sharing.

Wishing you abundant blessings,
Tami

Patzee said...

Eileen, I love this technique! And the image looks remarkably like my outfit for the Winter Gala. Hmmm. Perhaps I'll incorporate the sparkly dryer sheets to update my look.