Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Technique Tuesday -- Glitter Paper!


This week's challenge at the PID yahoo group is "blue and silver," and this is the ATC I did. The image is from collage sheet # 712.  Today's technique tutorial is for the glittery background.  Here's all you need to get started:
 


Sticker paper (or large adhesive-backed labels),  two colors of glitter, a scrap piece of lace.  That's it!
 
Peel the backing from the sticker paper or label.



Press the lace onto the adhesive side of the sticker paper.



Sprinkle your first color of glitter onto the lace.  Gently rub it into the paper.



Tap off the excess glitter and return it to the container.



Lift the lace from the paper.  Amazingly, no glitter sticks to it and it can be used again and again.



Now cover the paper with the second color of glitter.  It will only stick to the areas of the paper that were not covered by the first color.  Repeat tapping off the excess and returning it to its container.



Here is the blue and silver combination I used on my ATC.  Just cut to the size you want for your project.



And here is one I did, using the same lace, but in Christmas red and green.

How easy and gorgeous is that!!  I'll bet most of you can come up with a scrap of lace to try this at home.  I learned this technique at a demo at a stamp expo, and couldn't get home fast enough to try it myself.  It was every bit as easy as it looked, and if you think it is sparkly in the pictures, wait until you see it in person!

Happy Glittering!
Eileen
PID Design Team



Pin It

8 friends said:

Mel♥ said...

Love it Eileen

ShellyRaeWood said...

I'm like that dog in the beggin' strips commercial only instead of bacon I'm saying glitter, glitter, glitter....where?? I simply adore glitter. THIS is too fun and easy. I shall be making my own glitter lace this afternoon!! Thanks for the great tutorials!! :)

Angie Hall Haviland said...

FABULOUS Eileen!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH The BEAUTIFUL mess I can make with this technique....the whole house will sparkle...even the dust pan :)

The Craftaholic said...

this is awesome! I knew there was a reason for having sticker paper....

Mel♥ said...

I imagine if you seal it with spray it may not come off too much!! Love this thou

paperqueen said...

Believe it or not, the glitter pretty much stays put on the sticker paper. I've had more "shedding" when I've used other adhesives.
Eileen

Rachel said...

I'm not a huge glitter fan, but this might just make me get some out of the cupboard!

Julie Ann said...

Oh, Eileen!!! That is CRAZY COOL!!