Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Technique Tuesday -- Embossed Tissue Paper

So sorry to be a day late!  I had an early doctor's appointment yesterday and time just got away from me.  So here is Technique Wednesday, LOL.
Easy easy technique, fun and beautiful too.
Here's all you need to get started:


white tissue paper       white cardstock       clear embossing ink        large background stamp
embossing powder (I used gold)        white glue (I used Elmer's)        heat tool

Crumble up the piece of tissue paper:


Open it up, but don't smooth out the wrinkles:


Cover the cardstock with a coat of white glue:

Lay the tissue paper onto the cardstock.  Tap it gently on so that it adheres, but you don't want to smooth out the wrinkles at all!


Stamp all over the paper with your background stamp and cover with the embossing powder.
Variation:  because the wrinkles create hills and valleys, you can skip the background stamp and just swipe over the paper with your clear ink pad and then emboss.  Very similar effect.


Set the embossing powder with your heat tool and this is what you get:


You can leave it as is or try one of these techniques.  You can use a cosmetic sponge to ink over the paper.  The embossed areas will resist the ink.  Here are two examples of that:


 
I also tried applying paint over the design and wiping it off before it dried.  The gold embossing does still show through:


And here is the ATC I did for this week's challenge, "New Year."


 I think this background technique is perfect for a Happy New Year card!
Eileen
Paper Imagery Designer


Pin It

2 friends said:

Angie Hall Haviland said...

ASOLUTELY FABULOUS, Eileen!! THANKS for sharing...looks like FUN!

Evelyn S. said...

Thank you! I hadn't visited the blog for a while, so I was thrilled to find technique tutorials. Maybe you'll be interested in my adaptation of it: /Embossed Tissue Paper