Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Technique Tuesday - Sanded Embossing

Welcome to Technique Tuesday.  I have another easy background technique that starts with some dry embossing.  Here's what you need to get started:


Patterned paper or cardstock with a white core
embossing folder
ink pad
blending tool or cosmetic sponge (optional)
sanding block or fine sandpaper



Using the embossing folder of your choice, run it through your machine to reveal the raised design.



Using the sanding block or sandpaper, gently rub over the design until the white core of the paper is revealed on the raised areas.



Using either the ink blending tool (or cosmetic sponge) or just the direct to paper technique, rub over the newly exposed white areas with the ink color you chose.  Since these areas are raised, pretty much only they will pick up the color.  Since I was doing this background for Angie's Harvest Challenge, and my embossing folder is of pumpkins, I used orange.



And here is my completed ATC for the challenge.  I love that PID image -- his name is Emmett and I think he looks like he belongs on a farm during the harvest.

As always, if you decide to try this technique, let us know how it turned out.
Eileen
PID Design Team

Pin It

4 friends said:

Mel♥ said...

Love it Eileen !!!

Tequitia said...

Never did embossing before. Have to give it a try.

Arlene said...

Great technique Eileen! I could see many possibilities if I only had one of those embossing machines.

Arlene

paperqueen said...

Well, 'tis the season....tell Santa, and leave him a 40% off coupon to ease the pain, LOL! And embossing folders are very inexpensive.
Eileen