Monday, November 16, 2009

Art Journaling

I finally had a chance to make some art this weekend. I'm not a hard core art journaler even though I have a couple of art journals . I wish I could get into the habit of pulling my journal out more often. So to make it a little easier to do when the urge comes over me I have a couple of different size journals ready.

Here is a spread I made over the weekend using some PID images.
If your trying to get into art journaling a good idea is get the journal you plan to use and do your background pages first. This way when you feel like doing a page all you have to do is pull your book out.

This particular journal is a handbound book I made myself using the coptic binding method. I used recycled scrapbook pages I found in an old scrapbook that I bought at a thrift store. The paper was a little flimsy so I gave each side a nice coat of gesso. Then to make the pages strong enough so they didn't buckle I covered the pages with dictionary pages, scrapbook paper or music sheets.

Thanks for looking!
Arlene

Pin It

2 friends said:

paperqueen said...

Beautiful pages, Arlene. I also love art journals. Do I detect a touch of Zetti in yours?
Eileen

Angie Hall Haviland said...

WONDERFUL Pages, Arlene!! Very pretty!