Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Technique Tuesday - Double Embossing

Welcome to Technique Tuesday!  I used this simple embossing technique for this week's PID challenge -- orange and brown.
This is what you need:


Light colored cardstock (I used white for this one), two different embossing folders, and two ink pads (obviously for the theme I used orange and brown).  Of course you also need an embossing machine.  Or, I'm told a pasta machine works too.  I've even heard that a rolling pin and a lot of muscle work, but never tried that!
Run the cardstock through with one of the embossing folders.


Swipe with one of the colors.  Only the embossed areas will pick up the color:



Put the paper into the second embossing folder and run it through the machine THREE times.  This will flatten out the original embossing (while leaving the color), and emboss with the design of the second folder.  Swipe the paper with the second color and you have this:

And here is the ATC I made with this technique,  and the adorable Abigail image:


Quick and easy, just the way I like it!  If you try this, let us know how it worked for you.
Eileen,
PID Design Team

Pin It

4 friends said:

Angie Hall Haviland said...

FABULOUS Technique, Eileen!!! I don't have an embossing machine...but bet I can figure out something similar :O)

Tamara Putvin said...

Love the technique Eileen. Now I know I need the cuttle bug.. Oh moving it from the want to the need list.. Not that it will move much faster lol.. Thanks for the fabulous technique.

Wishing you abundant blessings,
Tami

Dawn said...

I knew there had to be a way to combine embossing and ink to get a great design like this. Thanks for showing me (us) how. Now can you arrange some play time for me?
Dawn

Chrystal S said...

That is the neatest thing I have ever seen! Thanks for sharing!!!