Thursday, October 1, 2009

Designers Challenge – Angie Hall-Haviland

PIDOctDT 021b PIDOctDT 025b PIDOctDT 026b PIDOctDT 027b

 

ARTING on WOOD!!!

I was so excited to find out what the DT Challenge was for this month.  Making wooden pieces is one of my favorite things to do.  I held back and just made 6 pieces for this challenge.  Three Cube Tassel Ornaments, a pin/pendant, a round pendant and a round ornament. So here's how I make the ornaments...so simple...

Supplies:

Wooden Cube (mine are 1 inch ... got them in the wood isle of the craft store)

2 eye screws

fibers

paper

PID Images

embellishments

Paint or ink

scissors

glue

Step 1....paint or ink your wooden cube, let dry.

Step 2....collage the sides (and top/bottom if you wish) with decorative papers, PID Images and embellishments.

Step 3....Screw a eye screw in the center of the top and bottom.

Step 4....Tie fibers you like through the top to make a hanger and through the bottom to make a tassel.

Step 5....Hang whenever you like.

PIDOctDT 044b PIDOctDT 048b

Pin It

3 friends said:

Arlene said...

Angie I love your little ornaments!!

Arlene

peggy gatto said...

What fun!!!
I think I'll try this too!
thanks

MizCarla said...

Great Job Angie! I love those little ornaments! This would make a great swap!