Friday, September 4, 2009

Altered Journal By Eileen Bellomo

Supplies:

· Inexpensive composition notebook

· Collage Image – PID # 635 (Marie Antoinette)

· Ranger alcohol inks – rich black, stream, espresso

· Ranger alcohol ink blending tool

· Aluminum foil

· Cardstock

· Double sided tape

· Bling and embellishments of your choice

· Die Cut Machine, embossing folders

Directions:

Attach a sheet of aluminum foil to an 8 ½ x 11” piece of cardstock with a strong adhesive. I used double sided sticky tape. Smooth it out with your hands, and cut it to whatever sizes will work with your die cut machine. (I have a Big Kick). Run the pieces through the machine with the embossing folders of your choice. (I used Cuttlebug’s Script and Textile Texture).

You can leave the embossed foil as is, or color and/or distress it. I used a mix of rich black and espresso alcohol inks to color the four pieces I used to cover the notebook.

I colored the scraps of the embossed foil with stream alcohol ink and used them to further embellish the cover (and also hide the seams!).

Make a double mat with coordinating cardstock (I cut mine with nestabilities fancy label dies, but you can use any shape mat you like, cut freehand or from one of your dies) and attach your favorite PID image. I love this one of Marie Antoinette.

Add whatever other embellishments you like….I chose a leaf die cut and some crystals.

Cover the inside and back covers of the journal with coordinating paper and no one will ever guess this started out as a humble old composition notebook.


Pin It

6 friends said:

Ann said...

great tutorial ..this is such a great idea ..I'm seeing cute Christmas gifts!!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, Eileen!!! LOVE the idea of embossing foil...DINK why didn't I think of that. Think I will try to the heavy duty foil first. :)

Evelyn S. said...

I just happen to have all the supplies, and I've embossed and inked foil several times before. Must try this! Thanks for the tutorial.

AlteredByMe said...

Eileen I love the way your altered comp book turned out. Great idea to use foil!

Arlene

paperqueen said...

Thanks everyone for the nice words. I'd love to see how your faux metal pieces turn out.
Eileen

Stephanie Rodgers said...

Wow! Very cool ... I'll have to try this one out!