Saturday, April 25, 2009

Recycled Pesky Plastic Card Tutorial

Some basic supplies you'll need (really these are a "possibilities are endless" type project...so the list could go on and on)

Plastic Cards (either junk mail offers or spent gift cards)
Awl (or anything you have to poke a hole)
Blade/Scissors
Ruler/shape stencil
Earwires (if you wish to make earrings)
Adhesives (glue stick, xyron....your preference)
Pretty papers
Paper Imagery Designs images
Embellishments
Ink Pad/Marker

I used some pesky plastic cards to make some pretty earrings and embellishments (you could also make pendant or a charm bracelet, etc). I just scored with a box cutter and ruler and then snapped my one inch square pieces. I used a circle stencil and scissors for the circle pieces.

Then I used adhesive to cover the plastic pieces in pretty papers and trimmed with scissors.

I then added beautiful images from Paper Imagery Designs and poked a hole. I edged them with ink pads or black marker. For this simple pair I added just an ear wire...instant earrings.

I made some others with beads and wire wrapping.....they are a fun sturdy base that you can do whatever you like.


I also made some to have just to add as fancy accent embellishments to other ART like ATCs, collages or a greeting card.

Hope everyone will enjoy this project. I just love that it uses something that is free and needs to be recycled. Plus I'd rather spend my ART money on Images and Embellishments anyway.

Pin It

10 friends said:

paperqueen said...

What a great idea! I just started a charm swap with my stamping group and am going to tell them all to read this tutorial. Fabulous idea!
Eileen

ShellyRaeWood said...

Awesome as always Angie!! I LOVE to recycle as well!! Thanks a bunch!! Shelly

Corris said...

This is too cool! So much fun! Thanks for sharing this great recycling tip. :)

peggy gatto said...

What fun!!!!!
thanks!

ScaryCheri said...

Angie, those are adorable. Thanks for sharing. I get tons of those pesky plastic cards. Now I can recycle. Hugz, Scary

Mel♥ said...

great idea

Linda Cain said...

Stunning idea! TFS!!
Linda

Chrystal S said...

What a great recycling idea! Love it!

Hotel Key Card said...

Your blog is really nice.I like it ,Especially Images,tag and you using the pesky plastic cards in your blog.Keep up it.I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Plastic Card said...

i Have never ever thought that Plastic card can be used in this way....