Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Easter Fairy Girl by Carla Naron



I love to save the jars that candles come in! I can find all kinds of uses for them, and in this case one made the perfect container for a sweet little fairy to wish everyone a Happy Easter.

Directions:
Glue moss to the bottom of jar using any glue that dries clear. Run a little moss up the back side of your jar as well.

Fashion a little nest from twigs. I used wicker basket "parts" that I kept finding on the floor when our puppy was teething. I added a few "real" twigs, and hot-glued them all together. I covered the bottom of my nest with a little moss. You could of course use a store bought one--just make sure your nest will go through the mouth of the jar.

Glue in eggs (I used three hollow robin's eggs that I found at Michaels).

Cut sweet little Elizabeth from Paper Imagery Designs sheet #219 (my collage sheet was printed on cardstock), add a bit of glue to her legs and attach her to one of the eggs.

Add a few faux flowers and sprinkle the whole nest with a bit of fine glitter.

Put the lid on, tie on a few ribbons.

Make a banner and glue computer generated text to it.

Attach the banner to the outside of your jar with glue dots.

Pin It

3 friends said:

Dragonlady said...

Carla, This is adorable.....I love everyhting about it...
Great tutorial too..
Brenda

Lori Roberts said...

Love this! I need to make one of these real soon!!!!

AlteredByMe said...

Carla I love your little Easter Fairy!

arlene