Wednesday, March 4, 2009

St. Patrick's Wreath By Angie Hall Haviland



St. Patrick's Wreath

By Angie Hall Haviland

Supplies:
metal hoop (I used one that measures 8 inches from side to side)
Green Fabric Scraps
Wooden disc (Two 1 1/2 inch and One 1 7/8 inch)
Vintage Text
Paper Imagery Designs Collage Sheet #477
floral scrapbook paper
CD
Thin Chipboard
green ink pad
Sheer Pink Ribbon with White polka dots
Stardust Gel Ink Pen
scissors
glue stick
white glue (I use sobo)
strong craft glue (I use fabri-tac)
Large nail file for sanding/or sandpaper...optional


I love to use things I have around the house (so I can spend more on images and new supplies LOL) I took a metal hoop. I then picked out 5 green fabric scraps from my stash. I tore 1/2 to 1 inch wide strips and cut piles of 5 inch long fabric strips. I tied the strips around the metal hoop to make the base wreath. Then I glued the vintage text to the wooden discs and cut out (yes I also sanded the edges to get them smooth), the I glued the cut out PID shamrock images to the discs. I edged each one by rubbing the edges with the green ink pad and then went around the edges with the Stardust gel pen. I glued the thin chipboard to the CD (I used the white glue for this), cut it out, then glued on the floral scrapbook paper and cut it out again. I cut out and glued on the PID St. Patrick's lady image. Edged it with the green ink pad and Stardust pen. Then I drilled a hole in the top and attached it with a piece of the torn fabric. I used another piece of torn fabric on the back to attach a loop for hanging. I then used the strong multi purpose glue to attach the wooden discs. I finished off the wreath by wrapping a piece of pink sheet ribbon with white polka dots around the wreath (took about 1 1/2 yards). Now my wreath is ready to hang on the front door and greet our guests for the month of March.

Pin It

2 friends said:

paperqueen said...

Angie, I love it! Unusual, creative, sweet!
Eileen

Linda Cain said...

WOW! Really great idea!
Linda