Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Technique/Tutorial By Pam Barnes

This is one of my favorite techniques for creating atc's.
Using perfect paper adhesive collage a variety of papers and stamped images to an atc background.

Using DPT apply distress inks to background.
Adhere PID image. Brush on a coat of perfect paper adhesive, while wet lay down a piece of french netting. Apply another coat of perfect paper adhesive over the netting.
You can cover the entire atc with the french netting or just a portion.

A moment in time, the entire atc is covered with red netting.


For Copper Blooms I covered the entire background with black netting and embellished with copper German scrap and copper flowers.
I covered only a portion of the Boy of Joy atc with netting.

DTP- Direct To Paper is when you apply the ink pad directly to your paper.
French Netting- Hair Nets your local dollar store find.
Gel Medium can be used in place of perfect paper adhesive.

Send in your artwork using Pam's technique and I will post to the blog!! melissa at paperimagerydesigns dot com

Pin It

4 friends said:

Elena said...

Wow! Love this Pam! Where do you get the french netting?

MizCarla said...

WOW Pam... these are gorgeous girl! Love that netting! Somewhere I have one of those hairnets I bought just for this type of thing--must clean art room and find it :D

Melinda Cornish said...

hair netting is a great idea! Melinda

paperqueen said...

I don't have a hairnet and it's too cold to go out looking for one, but I'm going to try this with some netting from a bag of onions. LOL. I'll let you know how it works out.
Eileen