Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Valentine ATC Tutorial from Linda Cain

Valentine Sheet 465
Emily Sheet 218
Metal Tape
Bird and Branch mask-Heidi Swapp
Distress Inks-Tim Holtz
Cuttlebug and Script embossing folder
Paper flowers,chipboard, metal flower, and brad
Various pens and stamps

Hi, Everyone!!!!
I'm the new gal on the Design Team and I'm here to introduce you to Emily!



This tutorial starts with the Valentine background sheet and the I Love You ATC piece. Cut and glue to ATC chipboard.

Apply the Bird and Branch mask from Heidi Swapp. Using Distress Inks, add color to background and remove the mask.

Cut out Emily and around her arms. Run silver metal tape through the Cuttlebug. Apply metallic green acrylic paint....wait a few seconds....and wipe off excess leaving paint in low areas. Cut out in shape of heart. Add to Emily under her arms. Glue Emily to the ATC.


Using ink applicator add Distress ink to edges of flowers. Add black stamped images to both pink and red flowers. Layer up both flowers, chipboard element, metal flower and gold brad. Add to ATC edge. Cut off excess flower.


Stamp 2 hearts with black ink on card. Add various pen accents with white, lavender, and black glaze pen.

Don't forget to sign the back and mail to a special person....

Your Friend in ART,
Linda Cain

Pin It

6 friends said:

Moniqui said...

I think i need a cuttlebug lol! Looks so cool!

MizCarla said...

Very cute Linda! I'm with moniqui-- I think I need a cuttlebug too!

Mel said...

Hi angie

Wanda H said...

Linda, I love your ATC!! All the details are fabulous!! Can I be your friend :-)) LOL

Nancy S said...

Beautiful card and terrific instructions. Thanks for both!

Nancy Ward said...

Hi!

Today I posted an entry on my blog with a link to this tutorial.

Would you let me know if that's OK?

Thanks,

Nancy Ward
http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com