Thursday, January 15, 2009

Glossy Accents

I have been using glossy accents lately in my art, for a medium and also to apply beads mix with glitter and to fill in metal frames. Anyone else use it what do you like or dislike about it? Has anyone used the sepia or matte accents or the crackle?

I like the glossy as a medium for gluing but when it overflows it leaves the glossiness smoosh out and I am not one for glossy. I do prefer matte but have no matte accents.

I like that it dries quick when its not a thick layer and seems to also build a platform under your work makes it more durable. I love when I have a metal frame I put a pic under it and fill it in with the accents. It makes like faux glass!

Pin It

2 friends said:

Linda Cain said...

I don't like gloss to show either.I have used Matt accents and like it for this fact. You can't beat Glossy Accents when using Tim's Fragments though. If I want something to really stick, I use Crafter's Pick-The Ultimate or Gel Medium by Golden. CP comes off what you don't want it to be on, GM is more unforgiving around the edges.

Just my opinion.....
Linda

Mel said...

Yes glossy and tims fragments work great as well as metal frames, Crafters pick HUH? I shall check that one out. Thanks Linda

M