Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bamboo Tile Necklaces Can Be So Simple


Some basic supplies you will need are:



Bamboo Tile (available in the PID Supplies section)

decorative paper (I used 2x2 background sheet #370)

image (I used a sweet little girl from sheet #165)

charm

bead (with a large hole)
36 inches of thin ribbon

5 inches 1/4 inch wide copper tape

glue




you can add as many embellishments & extras as you like to your necklace .....glitter glue, paint, fabric, vintage text, lace, etc....any of your favorite collage elements.



Start out by gluing a decorative paper to the front and back of your bamboo tile (I use white glue and a paint brush) press down nicely and trim to fit. Cut out main image. Glue to the Bamboo tile front and trim.



Here I added a torn piece of decorative paper and clipped out word (STRONG) along the bottom. Trim the tile with the copper tape, burnish it down and poke the holes out (I use an awl...lots of things will work for this...needle, paintbrush handle, toothpick, etc)




Cut 36 inches of thin ribbon (or you could use a fiber, chain or lace) and string a charm on. String on end of the ribbon in each side of the bamboo tile...tie a knot in the top, string on a bead and tie another knot. Tie a knot in the end of the ribbon and slip on your new necklace.

You could make it shorter annd add a clasp if you wish.


WOULD YOU LIKE THIS NECKLACE to be YOURS??? Leave a comment here and I will draw a winner from the entries on Thursday, February 5th. Be sure I can contact you via email to get your snail mail address so I can send the necklace.

Pin It

38 friends said:

♥ Mel ♥ said...

Awesome Job Angie!!! Love it

M

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

She is a beauty!
chris p

Linda Cain said...

Terrific job!
Linda

lotsa scrap said...

ooh, I sure would like to wear this beauty.

MizCarla said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing your technique. I ordered some of these tiles recently...not knowing what I'd do with them :D

Gabrielle Madsen said...

This is so lovely, such a great tutorial! I want to win but I can now see myself actually making this! Thank you so much ;o}

"Hands to Work, Hearts to God" said...

Very pretty! Never thought of bamboo before!

Teresa said...

Just gorgeous Angie!

paperqueen said...

I love having such an easy yet beautiful option -- no pesky (for me!) gel transfer, no attaching clasps, no bending wire. I do all those things, but it's great to know that I don't have to, and will still have a gorgeous piece at the end. Thanks, Angie!
Eileen

Val said...

Hello from Northern Alberta Canada. Your blog in one of my favorites - I check it every day. Please enter my name in your draw. (Have not seen bamboo tiles where I live.) Thanks!

Val

Lori Roberts said...

Pick me!!! Beautiful Angie!!!!

i think i know said...

what a nice neclace. please enter me in the drawing.
cindy
cac0116@aol.com
howisea.blogspot

Janny said...

Pleause count me in it's gorgeous, Thanks for the tutorial;o)

Rene said...

That's an absolutely beautiful necklace! Thanks for sharing how you made it.

Rene' Mewes
RM3116@charter.net

Anonymous said...

love it
Lillian
sugarbirds@personainternet.com

Plant Freak said...

Of course I would love to have that beautiful necklace!
plantfreak@hotmail.com

Kathy Eddy said...

I would be so honored to wear a beauty like this! Great job! Kathy Eddy

kmeddy@centurytel.net

ann divelbiss said...

your necklace is stunning!! what a great way to show that women are strong!!!i'd be proud to wear it!!
Ann
adivelbiss@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

I love the pendant. I want to try those now, but need to find the bamboo.
Thanks for the tutorial.
chris

Prpldy said...

Lovely necklace! I'd love to wear it!

BrendaLea

prpldy@comcast.net

Julie Strohman said...

Love your work. I would love to sport this beauty!!

julie strohman said...

juliesathome@roadrunner.com

nkjohnston said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for posting how you made her. It makes it look like something I could do.

Thank you for the chance to win her.

Nancy in coooooooooolllld Michigan

Ursula said...

My first time finding your blog. Great tutorials and who wouldn't treasure her? Thanks for offering.
Ursula

papernclay said...

wonderful necklace- Thanks for joining owoh!

Christine said...

Angie -- what a lovely necklace -- and I appreciate the tutorial!! Count me in for the give-away!

MsChrisy@aol.com

Mary-Beth said...

This is GORGEOUS Angie and I'd love a chance to win it!

Penny Duncan Creations said...

GREAT job as always Angie!!! I love your tutorial!!!
Penny Duncan
pennyduncan@att.net

Maija said...

Yes oh yes!!!

Jan and Shane said...

love it love it love it is all I can say wonderful artistic piece and can be used as well I love art that can be worn. Thanks for sharing.

janroger1968.blogspot.com

---MARILYN DAMSCHEN--- said...

Wonderful! Love the word choice, especially. All us gals have to be strong to survive in this world. Thanks for sharing.

gale said...

Hi,
Thanks for the quickie lesson . Just so happens that I have a bamboo piece. I going to give it a try right after I finish writing this. So generous of you!!!
Love and Laughter,
Gale

bloubell said...

I have made these but ours is prettier and beautifully done like all your work. You are the one to watch. So......pick me pick me

bloubell said...

It's supposed to say yours not ours. Betty

Jennifer R.D. said...

Hi Angie,
It's a beautiful piece and great easy to follow tutorial! I wanna win!!!
Hugs,
jennifer R.D.

Dragonlady said...

Angie, another gorgeous bamboo pendant and great tutorial..
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Wow, couldn't be simplier. And oh so sweet. I hope I win.

Dayle

Sandi M said...

It's lovely Angie! Thanks for the tutorial. I've been wondering how to make these ever since you had sent one my way in January :)