Monday, December 1, 2008

Precious Memories Altered Photo Album By Angie Hall Haviland


Supplies:

Clear Photo Album with removable cover inserts (purchased mine at the Dollar Tree)
vintage ledger paper
Terra Cotta Walnut Ink Spray Antiquing Solution
Images from Paper Imagery Design Collage Sheets # 342, 344, and 390
Embossed Floral Spray German Sticker
White German Foil Scrap
Super Copper Lumiere Paint
Brown Handmade paper
self adhesive brown velor paper
Rust color Card stock
Printer
vintage fabric tape measure
glittery gel pen
Fabri Tac Glue
glue stick
scissors

A very quick and inexpensive gift made to hold memories and photos. I purchased a photo album that measures 5 x 6 1/2 inches. I made sure it was the kind of clear album with removable inserts in the front and back, mine had a plaid background and flowers. The album cost a dollar. After removing the inserts I cut a piece of vintage ledger paper large enough to cover the front and back inserts. I sprayed the ledger paper with Terra Cotta Walnut Ink Spray Antiquing Solution and let it dry. Once dry I glued the stained ledger paper to the inserts from the album and trimmed with scissors. I painted the White German Foil Scrap with the Super Copper Lumiere Paint and set it aside to dry. Cut out pretty Images from Paper Imagery Design Collage Sheets # 342, 344, and 390. I glued down the pretty vintage lady image and glued the two male images to torn brown handmade paper. I glued on the Embossed Floral Spray German Sticker and male images backed with handmade paper. I glued on the vintage fabric tape measure piece and painted White German Foil Scrap with Fabri Tac glue. I printed the text Precious Memories on the rust paper, tore it out and glued it to the piece. I then went around some of the flowers and the two male images with the glittery gel pen. Let it dry for a bit. I then adhered the self adhesive brown velour paper to the back of the inserts, trimmed and then slid the pieces into the album front and back. Done and ready to wrap up for someone on the Christmas list.
There are lots of possibilities for these clear albums...you can use any papers you have on hand and make them any style by adding your favorite embellishments and collage images from Paper Imagery Designs.

Pin It

0 friends said: