Sunday, September 7, 2008

Design Team Member of the month


As you all we have been featuring our designers, and what inspires them. This month our design team member of the month is Arlene Mobley.

Do you have a blog or website? Yes http://alteredbyme.blogspot.com

Do you sell your art and where? No

How long have you been creating art? I've been very creative all of my life. I couldn't begin to list the types of crafts I've done but I only started working in mixed media about a year and a half ago.

Art can be very fulfilling to your soul, what else do you do to reach that completion? Art is pretty much it right now for me. I do also enjoy writing fiction. But art is a great way for me to express myself and I have put writing on the back burner for the moment.

What inspires you to create? I get a lot of inspiration from other artists by reading books, magazines and blogs. It amazes me how you can see a piece of artwork done by someone else and come up with a completely different piece of art of your own.

What inspires you to create art for Paper Imagery Designs? I love the images! The quality is amazing and the images are just wonderful. I love images with interesting expressions and Lori & Melissa find some of the best vintage images I have ever seen.

What do you love about Paper Imagery Designs Collage Sheets? Everything! See above

How do you know when a piece you're working on is finished? This is a question I see a lot in my groups. When I can step back and look at a piece and don’t see any nagging empty spaces that need to be filled I consider it finished.

What do you find inspires you right now? Everything and anything. I am a very visual person as most artists are. So something as simple as looking out the window can inspire me.

Do you have any artistic goals for 2008? What are they? Yes. My goal for this year and next year is to have my artwork published.

What would you like our fellow artists to know about you and your work? That I love what I am doing. That I enjoy every single aspect of creating. That if I can do it anyone can. That if you want to make art then you should just make art and not worry about anything else!

A perfect day to create is... One where I can find every supply and embellishment (I know I have somewhere); I want at my finger tips instead of having to look through every single container and drawer to find it.

Pin It

1 friends said:

Angie Hall Haviland said...

I just love reading a little more about your Arlene!! as always I LOVE your ART!!