Thursday, July 24, 2008

July Guest Designer Maija Lepore


From time to time Paper Imagery Designs will have a guest designer. This month Maija Lepore has graced us with her art work using PID images.

Maija was gracious enough to answer a few questions for us:



Q: How do you know when a piece you're working on is finished?
A: "I don't think any thing I make is finished until it is out my door!"

Q: What do you find inspires you right now?
A: "My inspiration comes from reading, from my friends, art retreats and all the wonderful classes I take all the time!"




















Q: Do you have any artistic goals for 2008 and what are they?
A: "My biggest goal for 2008 is to get my etsy shop up and running. I love to make things, but what to do with them when I am done?"

Q:What would you like our fellow artists to know about you and your work? A: "Right now, my focus is making things that are pretty. After my mom's death in September, I haven't been willing to visit my dark side, so I have been keeping things light and happy. Additionally, the colors I am using are not the colors of my home. For day to day life I prefer the warmth of reds, yellows, oranges, brown and green's. A cross between French and Tuscan!!

Q: A perfect day to create is...
A:A perfect day to create would be everyday."

Q: I have too much of?
A: "I have too much stuff!! I can't even remember what I have!"

Q: Your favorite food is.....

A: "coffee ice cream which I can't really eat since I had gastric bypass surgery last summer. I treat myself to MM's and Twizzlers in small doses!"




Do you have a website or blog? http://www.maigirlz.typepad.com/
Where do you sell your artwork? http://www.maigirlz.etsy.com

Pin It

5 friends said:

Pam B said...

Maija's PID art is absolutely stunning. I have admired Maija's art online for some years. I especially love what you have created with the spoons...everything is just gorgeous!

Melissa Lobdell, Little Melfred's Studio said...

I am so proud of my friend Maija! Her talent is amazing - only surpassed by her beautiful heart! Her pieces here are absolutely wonderful! xo-Mel

Angie Hall Haviland said...

Maija!!! These pieces are AMAZING!! But that's no surprise because so are you!!! WONDERFUL ART and GREAT INTERVIEW!! Thanks to Lori and Melissa and Maija for a FABULOUS Guest Designer feature!!!!

Wanda H said...

Maiji, your artwork is fabulous!! I enjoyed every single piece and really need to do some spoons.

Dragonlady said...

Maiji, WOW, all of your artwork is amazing, I really admire all of it..
Brenda